Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How would you like your Christmas without an Advent Calendar?




Advent calendars have been a part of my Christmas right from my childhood. It was my mom who took the pain of making these calendars every year. They would be of a new design and make every year and we, brothers and sisters looked forward to it. The countdown was the most enjoyable part. Each day, a new gift and one day nearer to Christmas. The religious part of Christmas was more pronounced then and I loved it that way.

This old fervor has been kept alive in my life by my husband’s grandma. The first Christmas after marriage I was missing the festivities of home. But the advent calendar part was not a void. Granny made it a point to make one calendar for each of his grandchild. And these calendars are really unique. It’s really nice to receive an advent calendar every year especially at my age of 32. It somehow brings back childhood memories and makes you relive those days.

The calendar received this year is a bright one and promises to be fun. It brings forth the great creative talent and patience of this lady. She is a darling. But with all this I had to buy one from LEGO also. Guess why? Just because my kids are hell bent on getting one from LEGO. They are a huge fan of LEGO and have come to know about the excitement that the LEGO calendar brings along from their friends. So I had placed an order at Amazon and the LEGO City Advent Calendar 2010 reached us within days. They have already looked at it in every way possible other than opening it and now are counting the days with anticipation evident on their faces.

I for one also seem to have fallen prey to this set and am waiting alongside them to take part in their merriment. I have decided to take part in their fun and make them be part of opening my advent calendar too. It will be a fine mix of the old and the new won’t it? Here’s hoping Christmas brings all the fun, joy and peace to everyone around with its calendars, gifts, trees, Santa, parades, recipes and everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment